Dennis van Dommelen
Mr. van Dommelen is an aerospace engineer. He has extensive experience using Python, MATLAB, Dassault CATIA, Siemens NX, Advanced Aircraft Analysis (AAA) and a variety of vortex lattice and panel codes. As a design engineer he has performed research into propeller power effects and electric motors for aviation. As an undergraduate student, Mr. van Dommelen was the team lead of an aircraft design team which designed a flying car concept. He also possesses proficiency in sustainable design engineering with a focus on renewable energy. While obtaining his master's degree, Mr. van Dommelen performed a market analysis in IT applications for aviation to complete an honors master program. His master's degree track was focused on Flight Performance and Propulsion. Mr. van Dommelen's master's thesis was on designing and testing of a variable stiffness and variable camber trailing edge actuator.
Delft University of Technology, Aerospace Engineering: B.S., 2014
Delft University of Technology, Aerospace Engineering: M.S., 2017
- W.A. Anemaat, D.M. van Dommelen, A. D'Silva, P.B. Sargent, "Comparison of Methods to Predict Aerodynamic Center Shift Due to Bodies", to be presented at 31st Congress of International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, September 09-14, 2018.
- S. Johnson, D.M. van Dommelen, V. Ahuja, R. Hartfield, "Investigation of the Static Longitudinal and Lateral Characteristics of a Full-Scale Light Single-Engine Airplane using a Surface Vorticity Solver and CFD", AIAA 2018-1259, presented at the 2018 AIAA Aerospace SciTech Forum, Kissimmee, Florida, January 8-12, 2018.
- W.A. Anemaat, D.M. van Dommelen, S. Johnson, P.B. Sargent, W. Liu, "Comparison of Aerodynamic Analysis Tools for Rotorcraft in Hover", AIAA-2018-2069, presented at the 2018 AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, Kissimmee, Florida, January 8-12, 2018.
- D.M. van Dommelen, S. Johnson, W. Liu, W.A. Anemaat, M. Gritsch, "Aircraft Design Method for Weight, Volume and Cost of Electric Motors", paper number: 92, presented at the 17th Australian International Aerospace Congress (AIAC17), Melbourne, 26-28 February 2017.
- D.M. van Dommelen, J.D. Carroll, W.A. Anemaat, "Semi-Empirical Propeller Power Effects in Airplane Preliminary Design", presented at the 7th Asia-Pacific International Symposium on Aerospace Technology (APISAT), Queensland, Australia, November 26, 2015.