Mr. Johnson is an aerospace engineer and a PE in mechanical engineering. He has extensive experience using MATLAB, LabVIEW and a variety of vortex lattice and panel codes. As a design engineer he has performed preliminary design studies, detail structural sizing and developed manufacturing and testing procedures. He also worked as a wind tunnel operations manager developing test mechanisms and data acquisition systems for the wind tunnels. While obtaining his master’s degree, Mr. Johnson worked in control laboratories on development and testing of UAS. His master’s degree was on designing and testing of flow control systems for use in turbomachinery. Mr. Johnson is a senior member of AIAA.
Texas A&M University, Aerospace Engineering: B.S., 2007
Texas A&M University, Aerospace Engineering: M.S., 2010
- D. van Dommelen, S. Johnson, W. Liu, W.A. Anemaat, M. Gritsch, "Aircraft Design Method for Weight, Volume and Cost of Electric Motors", to be presented at the 17th Australian International Aerospace Congress (AIAC17), Melbourne, 26-28 February 2017.
- M. Gritsch, W.A. Anemaat, S. Johnson, W. Liu, "Rapid Weight Sizing Methodology for Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (Quadcopter)", to be presented at the 17th Australian International Aerospace Congress (AIAC17), Melbourne, February 26-28, 2017.
- W.A. Anemaat, A. Karwas, W. Liu, S. Johnson, "Dorsal Fin Design Method: A Low Cost Aerodynamic Solution to Prevent Loss-of-Control", AIAA-2017-0694, presented at the 55th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, January 9-13, 2017, Grapevine, Texas.
- Robert Ehrmann, Kristina Loftin, Shalom Johnson, Edward White, “Lock-in of Elastically Mounted Airfoils at a 90° Angle of Attack”, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 2014.
- Robert Ehrmann, Kristina Loftin, Shalom Johnson, Edward White, “Lock-in of Elastically Mounted Airfoils at High Angles of Attack”, 50th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace, Nashville, Tennessee, January 2012.
- Shalom Johnson, Forrest Carpenter, Paul Cizmas, Othon Rediniotis, “Internal Plenum Design and Testing for an Oscillatory Blowing Rotating Stall Suppression System”, 47th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, Orlando, Florida, USA, January, 2009.
- Shalom Johnson, Forrest Carpenter, Paul Cizmas, Othon Rediniotis, “Single-Stage Axial Compressor for the Study of Rotating Stall Suppression”, 44th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit, Hartford, Connecticut, July, 2008.
- Raktim Bhattacharya, John Valasek, Baljeet Singh, Shalom Johnson, Justin Jackson, Monica Marwaha, “On Modeling and Robust Control of ARES”, presented at AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference and Exhibit, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, August 2008.